Immediate start, fixed term until December 19, with the possibility of permanent employment
Salary negotiable depending upon experience.
Are you highly organised, able to multi-task and competent in maintaining systems and procedures? Do you have administrative experience gained whilst working in the construction industry? If you enjoy administration, working in a small, busy team and are immediately available, then we are keen to hear from you.
We are looking for an exceptional Project Administrator to provide administrative support to a major infrastructure project in the Midlands, the role will be based at our head office in Guildford. This is a unique and exciting opportunity, where your organisational and administrative skills will be fundamental to the success of the project.
The role will be varied and will suit someone with a strong administrative background, ideally from the construction industry. You will have experience of working in a busy office environment and providing support to several project managers. This is a hands-on role, the successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be able to engage a wide range of stakeholders and be proactive in supporting the project management team. An interest in wildlife and landscaping and or ecology would be desirable but not essential.
Thomson Environmental Consultants are experts in environmental compliance. Our specialist teams have been advising our clients across various sectors, on how to achieve their objectives and meet required environmental compliance since 2004. We cover a breadth of specialisms and are always pragmatic with our advice. With offices in Guildford, Leeds, Cardiff, and Birmingham, our teams assist with ecological advice, surveys and assessments, habitat design and creation, ecological contracting, invasive species management, freshwater and marine consultancy, arboriculture consultancy and contracting, data management and mapping and last, but not least, marine laboratory services (invertebrates, fish and sediment analyses).
The successful candidate will
- be educated to GCSE Maths and English C+
- be a proficient user of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook and be willing to learn to use internal computer systems
- have experience of working in a busy office environment, ideally within the construction industry, supporting several project managers
- be highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- have experience of financial administration, processing invoices and purchase orders, recording costs, time-sheets and expenses
- have experience of taking minutes
- be experienced and confident in dealing with a range of clients, suppliers and sub-contractors, in person, over the telephone and via e-mail
- have confidence to work independently, and as part of a team
- have an eye for detail
- be self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and to show initiative.
You’ll be joining a happy, friendly workplace, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence.
You’ll enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata)
- private pension contributions
- collaborative and supportive culture
- flexible working
- fantastic on-the-job training
- opportunities for career progression
- regular social events, including a Summer and Christmas party!
- paid mileage, travel & subsistence, whilst away from home
- discounted gym membership
- free parking
- cycle to work scheme
- discounted outdoor clothing
- fully stocked kitchen, including unlimited supply of biscuits, with the odd cake thrown in for good measure.
Read some of our employee testimonials:
“My experience of working at Thomson has been a very positive one, largely due to the type of people I am surrounded with each day; whether it be from my own team or from other departments I interact with less regularly. Within my own team, I am grateful to my manager who been a great support to me on a day-to-day basis, always very encouraging, which makes all the difference!” – Fiona S
“I’ve been put through a lot of training both internally and external far exceeding my expectations. I feel on a personal note this is showing a high level of commitment to me and my continued career with Thomson.
“There is a good attitude towards health and safety, all staff are very approachable and eager to help when asked. All in all, a very friendly atmosphere to work in and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the year holds.” – Simon F
This is a full time, fixed term position, immediate start, until the project completion in December 2019, with the possibility of being extended or becoming permanent. The successful candidate will live within commuting distance of Guildford.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a convincing covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 30 July 2019.