Guildford or Birmingham
Full time, permanent
Do you have a strong commercial mindset? Are you client focused, with proven success in writing and winning high quality tenders and proposals in the environmental sector? If this sounds like what you are looking for, we may have the ideal opportunity for you!
We are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to help us to win £m plus projects, across our private and government based clients.
You will be responsible for creating tender responses, completing bills of quantity and estimations of costs. You will evaluate and coordinate tenders, bids and proposals for all areas of the consultancy. You will work with individual clients to meet their expectations, build rapport to enhance success, take every possible step to answer their brief and make sure every element is in place before submission.
To be successful in this role you will
- Have proven experience in preparing bids, tender responses, bills of quantity and take pride in securing the work.
- A background in environmental services (i.e. ecology, landscaping or arboriculture), infrastructure (rail, highways or water) or tier one contracting may prove useful.
- Have the ability to write in clear, persuasive and correct English.
- Have strong planning and organisation skills with proven ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment taking accountability for submitting bids and proposal on time.
- Be analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, adopting flexibility with working hours when necessary.
- Ideally, you’d hold a degree or applicable qualifications.
- Carry an interest in the natural world.
“I have been at Thomson seven years now and love it! I started in a very junior role and since then have continually been given the chance to prove myself, take on new roles and develop a career I really enjoy with great people.” – Tom O.
“The people at Thomson are fantastic. Everyone is always willing to help and there is a real sense of camaraderie between all the staff.” – Ross J.
“Since joining Thomson at the start of the year, I have found the culture of the company refreshing – there’s a fast-pace approach to decision making which means that ideas are not just discussed but implemented” – Tessa H.
Thomson Environmental Consultants are experts in environmental compliance. Our specialist teams have been advising our clients across various sectors, on how to achieve their objectives and meet required environmental compliance since 2004. We cover a breadth of specialisms and are always pragmatic with our advice.
With offices in Guildford, Leeds, Cardiff, and Birmingham, our teams assist with, ecological advice, surveys and assessments, habitat design and creation, ecological contracting, invasive species management, freshwater and marine consultancy, arboriculture, data management and mapping and last but not least, laboratory analysis including marine benthic taxonomy.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, free parking and regular social events.
This role will be based from our modern offices on the picturesque Surrey Research Park. The successful candidate will live within commuting distance of Guildford or be prepared to relocate.
You’ll be joining a happy, friendly workplace, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence.
You’ll enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata).
- Private pension contributions.
- Collaborative and supportive culture.
- Flexible working.
- Fantastic on-the-job training.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Regular social events, including a Summer and Christmas party.
- Paid mileage, travel & subsistence, whilst away from home.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Free parking (subject to location).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted outdoor clothing.
- Fully stocked kitchen, including unlimited supply of biscuits, with the odd cake thrown in for good measure
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a convincing covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org