Field Surveyors (temporary)
Thomson Environmental Consultants
We are looking for hard-working and passionate field surveyors to help support our team of ecologists in the busy field season.
Applicants should be willing to work 8 to 10 hours a day and up to 5 days a week, as required, during the spring and summer months. Weekend work may be required. Whilst some weeks you will be working full time hours, we cannot guarantee this on a regular basis. Accommodation and mileage will be paid for, and a generous subsistence allowance will be given when staying away from home.
Rates of pay range from £9.75 to £17.00 per hour depending on experience, with higher hourly rates for candidates who hold protected species licences.
- a degree in Ecology or a related subject
- the right to work in the UK
- a valid driving licence and vehicle, insured for business use
- availability to attend mandatory training in advance of start date
- the ability to travel and stay away from home Monday to Friday
- confidence to work independently, and as part of a team
- strong administrative skills
- flexibility to accommodate short notice work requests or changes.
- a protected species licence; e.g. GCN, bat or dormouse
- experience of ecological survey and mitigation work
- experience of working in an ecological consultancy
- located within 2 hours commute from one of our offices (Guildford, Birmingham, Cardiff, or Leeds)
- CIEEM membership
- a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card
- First Aid at Work certification.
At Thomson, we provide the full range of environmental services within ecology, from preliminary assessment surveys, through to geospatial data management, habitat management and ecological consultancy. Our expertise is in all ecosystems and we have specialists in botany, birds, amphibians and reptiles, bats and other mammals, fish, marine invertebrates and in some of the most esoteric aspects of ecology.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability and availability for the season 2019, to email@example.com. Please note where you will be based during the season, if this is different from your permanent address.