Principal Ecological Consultant
Full time, permanent
Are you a commercially aware leader looking for your next exciting opportunity in ecological consultancy? Do you enjoy leading and motivating a team and taking responsibility for managing large complex projects? Do you have a proven track record of winning work, proactively generating new business and managing client relationships? If so, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are looking to appoint one or more, Principal Ecological Consultants who will lead a team of motivated technical specialists based at our Guildford office. You will have responsibility for delivering high quality work on time and to budget, providing a first class service to our clients and for business development for your team. You will need an approachable and adaptable leadership style with the ability to communicate effectively.
Successful candidates must
- have experience within a commercial ecological consultancy
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or related subject
- be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- be organised with considerable experience of managing large, complex projects
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office based staff
- have a proven track record of preparing bids and tenders, winning work and generating new business opportunities
- be financially adept with the ability to manage budgets and meet gross profit targets
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports including EPSL applications, EcIA chapters and habitat regulation assessments
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
Ideally successful candidates will also have
- full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
- advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas as well as holding protected species licences.
Thomson Environmental Consultants are experts in environmental compliance. Our specialist teams have been advising our clients across various sectors, on how to achieve their objectives and meet required environmental compliance since 2004. We cover a breadth of specialisms and are always pragmatic with our advice. With offices in Guildford, Leeds, Cardiff, and Birmingham our teams assist with, ecological advice, surveys and assessments, habitat design and creation, ecological contracting, invasive species management, freshwater and marine consultancy, arboriculture, data management and mapping and last but not least, laboratory analysis including marine benthic taxonomy.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, free parking and regular social events.
This role will be based at our modern offices on the picturesque Surrey Research Park. The successful candidate will live within commuting distance of Guildford or be prepared to relocate.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org