Initial 12-month fixed term, Guildford
Salary negotiable depending upon experience.
Are you highly organised, able to multi-task and competent in maintaining systems and procedures? Do you enjoy administration, working in a small, busy team and are you keen to further your career? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are looking for an exceptional Project Administrator based at our modern offices at the Surrey Research Park. As Project Administrator for our Habitats team you will work alongside the project management team and the Director to provide a range of administrative and resourcing tasks. The role will be varied and will suit someone with a strong administrative background. You will have experience of working in a busy office environment and providing support to a number of project managers. An interest in wildlife/landscaping and/or ecology would be desirable but not essential.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, free parking and regular parties.
Successful candidates will be
- educated to GCSE Maths and English C+
- be a proficient user of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook and be willing to learn to use internal computer systems
- have experience of working in a busy office environment, ideally supporting a number of project managers
- be highly organised with the ability to multi-task and an ability to prioritise workloads
- have experience of financial administration, processing invoices and purchase orders, recording costs, timesheets and expenses
- be experienced and confident in dealing with a range of clients and suppliers over the telephone and via e-mail
- have confidence to work independently, and as part of a team
- have an eye for detail
- be self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and to show initiative.
Ideally, the successful candidate will also
- show initiative to improve processes and drive efficiency
- be willing to work flexibly when required and provide office support to other functions of the Company including providing assistance on Reception
- have experience in minute taking
- hold a full UK driver’s licence.
This is a 12-month fixed term position, with the possibility of being extended or becoming permanent. Ideally we are looking for someone who is able to start immediately. Hours can be flexible for the right candidate, but ideally we are looking for a full time commitment. The successful candidate will live within commuting distance of Guildford.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org