Do you love trees and working outside? Are you hard working, enthusiastic and well organised? Due to business growth, we are looking for an immediately available Consultant Arboriculturist to join our team based in Guildford.
You will be joining a small dynamic team, so will be expected to be involved in many aspects of the business – from site surveys, reporting and face-to-face client interaction. This is a great opportunity to gain the experience, skills and knowledge needed to impress high-end clients.
Our work is national, so you will need to be prepared to travel regularly to different sites and stay away from home, as well as on occasions visit our regional offices across the UK.
You will ideally be immediately available and have
- a qualification to QCF Level 4 in arboriculture (or above)
- membership of the Arboricultural Association or other related, professional body
- relevant tree survey experience within a consultancy or other commercial environment
- experience of undertaking tree hazard/condition surveys using Visual Tree Assessment (VTA) and development surveys in accordance with BS5837:2012
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills; be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports as well as communicate confidently with clients and stakeholders
- be computer literate with experience of using MS office, GIS systems and tree survey software
- be organised with proven ability to multi-task
- be able and willing to travel and stay away from home
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
Thomson Environmental Consultants are experts in environmental compliance. Our specialist teams have been advising our clients across various sectors, on how to achieve their objectives and meet required environmental compliance since 2004. We cover a breadth of specialisms and are always pragmatic with our advice. With offices in Guildford, Leeds, Cardiff, Manchester and Birmingham, our teams assist with ecological advice, surveys and assessments, habitat design and creation, ecological contracting, invasive species management, freshwater and marine consultancy, arboriculture surveys, report and consultancy and contracting, data management and mapping and last, but not least, marine laboratory services (invertebrates, fish and sediment analyses).
You’ll be joining a happy, friendly workplace, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence and enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata)
- private pension contributions
- collaborative and supportive culture
- flexible working
- fantastic on-the-job training
- opportunities for career progression
- regular social events, including a Summer and Christmas party!
- paid mileage, travel & subsistence, whilst away from home
- discounted gym membership (subject to location)
- free parking (site dependent)
- cycle to work scheme
- discounted outdoor clothing
- fully stocked kitchen, including unlimited supply of biscuits, with the odd cake thrown in for good measure!
What can you expect from life at Thomson? Read some of our employee testimonials:
Working at Thomson has provided me with the opportunity to grow on both a personal and professional level. Thomson believes in investing in its employees through internal and external training, and as a result I have been able to obtain multiple species licences during my time here. The regional teams provide continual support to each other, and in my experience, everybody is always generous in sharing their knowledge and working together to continue the success of the company. Lauren H
Thomson offers its staff a great culture in which to thrive. With an open door policy, supportive team environment and flexible working, it creates a happy and productive work place. Our CEO is always keen to explore new ventures, making Thomson an exciting place to work and let’s not forget our amazing staff parties organised by our very own social team! Finance Team
I have been at Thomson seven years now and love it! I started in a very junior role and since then have continually been given the chance to prove myself, take on new roles and develop a career I really enjoy with great people! Tom O
This is a permanent position based at any of our regional offices including our head office on the picturesque Surrey Research Park in Guildford. We are ideally looking for someone who is immediately available and lives within commuting distance of one of our regional offices.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a convincing covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to email@example.com