What is your role at Thomson?
To sustainably grow and develop the Habitats business whilst maintaining our reputation for a high quality service.
Why do you like working at Thomson?
The variety of the work, projects and clients continues to inspire and motivate me on a daily basis.
How long have you worked for Thomson?
Since October 2017
What does a typical day at work look like?
No such thing as a typical day. However, some or all of the following is likely.
- Horizon scanning upcoming opportunities and assisting in the compilation and submission of bids and tenders.
- Peer reviewing the aforementioned for others in the team. Meeting with key clients, supply chain partners and the Thomson management team.
- Supporting and liaising with the various support teams such as HR, Bid team, Recruitment, Resourcing and Finance.
- Supporting the Habitats project managers and operations manager.
- Mentoring others across the broader business.
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
The great outdoors, camping / fishing and the odd pint or two.
What is your favourite book and why?
Unbroken – Louis Zamperini. A remarkable true account of one mans amazing life of endurance, resilience and ultimately redemption. A truly inspirational story and very humbling.
Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Robert De Nero or Al Pacino !