We are a professional ecological contracting company specialising in landscaping, vegetation clearance, fencing, invasive species management, habitat creation and ecological mitigation. We are part of Thomson which also includes ecology and water consultancy, landscape architecture and arboriculture. While working for Thomson Habitats you will be given the opportunity to work on small to large scale projects including highways, cable routes, housing, airports, rail and many others. Every project we undertake is unique.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, payment of a professional membership fee, childcare vouchers, free parking and regular parties!
We are looking for a full time, permanent Project Manager based in our modern offices at the Surrey Research Park. You will have experience of managing and delivering large and complex projects on time and to the satisfaction of our clients. Responsible for resourcing and line managing a site team whilst promoting compliance with all company systems and policies. Ideally, you will also have experience of working in ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field. You will need to be based in or near to Guildford (within 1 hour’s commute).
Successful candidates will
- be commercial with relevant project management experience, ideally gained within the environmental / habitat management / ecological sector
- be organised with experience of managing large, complex projects
- be financially adept with the ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office based staff
- have a proven track record of preparing bids and tenders, winning work and generating new business opportunities
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate reports
- be capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to email@example.com