We are a professional ecological contracting company specialising in landscaping, vegetation clearance, fencing, invasive species management, habitat creation and ecological mitigation. We are part of Thomson which also includes ecology and water consultancy, landscape architecture and arboriculture. While working for Thomson Habitats you will be given the opportunity to work on small to large scale projects including highways, cable routes, housing, airports, rail and many others. Every project we undertake is unique.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, payment of a professional membership fee, childcare vouchers, free parking and regular parties!
We are looking for a site supervisor, with a positive and professional attitude to join our Guildford based team. You will have experience of leading and motivating a team and taking responsibility for maintaining site health and safety. Ideally, you will also have experience of working in ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field. You will enjoy physical work, leading by example and won’t be afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!
You will need to be based in or near to Guildford (within 1 hour’s commute) and will be required to work across the UK, staying away from home Monday to Friday. Accommodation will be provided, as well as a daily allowance for subsistence.
Successful candidates will
- have proven experience at site supervisor level
- have sufficient, relevant experience in our core work areas
- be able to lead and motivate a site team
- have experience of managing site safety and compliance
- have the ability to lead by example, setting and maintaining a high standard of quality
- be organised and decisive, ensuring work is completed efficiently to meet client deadlines
- be a good communicator, giving instruction and direction to the site team and be able to liaise with clients and with the office-based project team
- hold a valid CSCS card
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- be computer literate
- have a positive professional attitude and be an ambassador to our company
Ideally successful candidates will also have one or more of the following:
- CS30/31. Other chainsaw qualifications will be looked on favourably
- PA1/PA6W herbicide spraying
- CPCS for 360 excavators
- Brushcutter operator ticket
- Skidsteer loader (tracked) operator ticket
- Trailer Licence (B+E)
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a convincing covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to email@example.com