If you’re a planning officer, these challenges will likely resonate with you.
Read on to see how Thomson can help.
- Understanding the technical content of Environmental Statements and checking compliance.
- Our ‘competent experts’ (as required under the EIA Regulations) review ES’s and demystify EIA, providing assurance that sufficient and appropriate environmental information has been submitted.
- We can provide environmental training to planning officers to build knowledge of EIA and what to look for when reviewing environmental information.
- Time pressure for responding to EIA submissions
- Whether preparing EIA screening and scoping opinions, or reviewing an ES, we work to your timetable to ensure statutory deadlines are met.
- We can support on consultation for scoping opinions and ES submissions to achieve more focused and timely responses.
- Financial burden for ES reviews on local authorities
- We can tailor our service and fees to meet your needs and budget. We always recommend these be included as part of Planning Performance Agreements with the developer, making it cost neutral to you.
- We offer access to our EIA Helpdesk providing planning officers with additional free advice when Thomson is commissioned to undertake ES Reviews.
Our EIA Planning Support services
- Environmental support during pre-application discussions
- Preparation of EIA screening and scoping opinions
- Environmental Statement review
- EIA advice during determination period
- Supporting statutory consultation to maximise feedback
- Incorporating Biodiversity Net Gain in major developments
- Climate change & Sustainability review
Our EIA specialists are based in Guildford and Manchester.
To find out more about how we can help you, please contact:
Peter George, Director – EIA
Tel: 01483 466025 / 07930 349812