As part of their Intercity Express Programme (IEP) depot contract, we worked with our client VolkerFitzpatrick to facilitate the construction of a £70m railway depot. The project involved the construction of a new maintenance, servicing and stabling facility that would be constructed for the maintenance of Hitachi Super Express (IEP) trains at Doncaster Carr Intercity Express Depot.
What we did
In partnership with Thomson Ecology, we were responsible for the delivery of all the ecological aspects of the scheme. To support these works we
- Undertook extended Phase 1 and desk top surveys
- Compiled an invasive species remediation strategy to deal with Himalayan balsam, Japanese knotweed and cotoneaster that were present on site
- Undertook dusk/dawn emergence and return-to-roost surveys for bats and associated reporting
- Completed trackside vegetation clearance works to facilitate topographical surveys and construction works
- Provided ecological watching briefs to supervise the vegetation clearance works during the breeding bird season
Working collaboratively with Thomson, we were able to provide our client with a complete service including ecology surveys and reports as well as the practical vegetation management and invasive species remediation works.
Our other projects
We cover all aspects of environmental consultation – from smaller surveys through to strategic projects.
At Thomson, we strive to deliver a pragmatic and innovative approach to environmental compliance.
Working in partnership with our clients, our team of environmental specialists ensures objectives are met, with maximum efficiency for our clients, and minimal impact on the natural world.
Blue Newt is a publication developed by Thomson for those working and interested in the environmental sector.
Our Deep Blue newsletter investigates all things under the sea. Discover how to classify the marine environment, ensuring the community is healthy and managed correctly.