As part of their Intercity Express Programme (IEP) depot contract, we worked with our client VolkerFitzpatrick to facilitate the construction of a £70m railway depot. The project involved the construction of a new maintenance, servicing and stabling facility that would be constructed for the maintenance of Hitachi Super Express (IEP) trains at Doncaster Carr Intercity Express Depot.
What we did
In partnership with Thomson Ecology, we were responsible for the delivery of all the ecological aspects of the scheme. To support these works we
- Undertook extended Phase 1 and desk top surveys
- Compiled an invasive species remediation strategy to deal with Himalayan balsam, Japanese knotweed and cotoneaster that were present on site
- Undertook dusk/dawn emergence and return-to-roost surveys for bats and associated reporting
- Completed trackside vegetation clearance works to facilitate topographical surveys and construction works
- Provided ecological watching briefs to supervise the vegetation clearance works during the breeding bird season