Milford Haven Port Authority is proposing to develop port facilities at Milford Haven. Thomson Unicomarine was awarded a contract to undertake baseline ecological assessments of this area. These will be used as a baseline for future monitoring to assess potential impacts on the marine environment.
What we did
- We undertook intertidal and subtidal surveys to assess the conservation value and sensitivity of the area
- This new data will place the information within the context of existing marine and maritime data
- Our team of experienced marine biologists conducted benthos, invertebrate, fish and habitat surveys
- This included boat and shore based grab sampling and underwater video surveys
- The samples were analysed in our laboratories for biological and particle size analysis
- Thomson Unicomarine completed two interpretative reports for intertidal and subtidal biology, respectively.
The surveys and reports were completed on time and on budget and were well received. The development proposal is in progress and Thomson Unicomarine continues to take an active involvement.