Milford Haven Port Authority is proposing to develop port facilities at Milford Haven. Thomson Unicomarine was awarded a contract to undertake baseline ecological assessments of this area. These will be used as a baseline for future monitoring to assess potential impacts on the marine environment.
What we did
- We undertook intertidal and subtidal surveys to assess the conservation value and sensitivity of the area
- This new data will place the information within the context of existing marine and maritime data
- Our team of experienced marine biologists conducted benthos, invertebrate, fish and habitat surveys
- This included boat and shore based grab sampling and underwater video surveys
- The samples were analysed in our laboratories for biological and particle size analysis
- Thomson Unicomarine completed two interpretative reports for intertidal and subtidal biology, respectively.
The surveys and reports were completed on time and on budget and were well received. The development proposal is in progress and Thomson Unicomarine continues to take an active involvement.
Our other projects
We cover all aspects of environmental consultation – from smaller surveys through to strategic projects.
At Thomson, we strive to deliver a pragmatic and innovative approach to environmental compliance.
Working in partnership with our clients, our team of environmental specialists ensures objectives are met, with maximum efficiency for our clients, and minimal impact on the natural world.
Blue Newt is a publication developed by Thomson for those working and interested in the environmental sector.
Our Deep Blue newsletter investigates all things under the sea. Discover how to classify the marine environment, ensuring the community is healthy and managed correctly.