We worked with our client, Team Van Oord, to facilitate Phase 2 of the Whittlesey Washes flood defence scheme. The £26m scheme involves strengthening a 16km stretch of the south bank between Whittlesey and Stanground. The scheme is designed to protect 8,000 hectares of farmland and hundreds of homes, as well as infrastructure around Peterborough.
What we did
- We supplied and installed 7km of demarcation fencing.
- We cut up to 26ha of ruderal grassland with a bat wing mower.
- We supplied and installed 3km of concrete post rabbit fencing.
- We supplied and installed 6.5km of concrete post stock fencing.
- We supplied and installed 10 stiles and 9 field gates.
- We hydroseeded 5.5ha with flexterra.
- We conventionally seeded 37ha with a deep rooting grass mix.
Working closely alongside our client, we were able to mitigate the risk of potential programme delays and have worked collaboratively to ensure the delivery of the works.