We worked with our client, Team Van Oord, to facilitate Phase 2 of the Whittlesey Washes flood defence scheme. The £26m scheme involves strengthening a 16km stretch of the south bank between Whittlesey and Stanground. The scheme is designed to protect 8,000 hectares of farmland and hundreds of homes, as well as infrastructure around Peterborough.
What we did
- We supplied and installed 7km of demarcation fencing.
- We cut up to 26ha of ruderal grassland with a bat wing mower.
- We supplied and installed 3km of concrete post rabbit fencing.
- We supplied and installed 6.5km of concrete post stock fencing.
- We supplied and installed 10 stiles and 9 field gates.
- We hydroseeded 5.5ha with flexterra.
- We conventionally seeded 37ha with a deep rooting grass mix.
Working closely alongside our client, we were able to mitigate the risk of potential programme delays and have worked collaboratively to ensure the delivery of the works.
Team Van OordLocation
Services offeredWorking closely alongside our client, we were able to mitigate the risk of potential programme delays and have worked collaboratively to ensure the delivery of the works.
Whittlesey Washes, Peterborough
Our other projects
We cover all aspects of environmental consultation – from smaller surveys through to strategic projects.
At Thomson, we strive to deliver a pragmatic and innovative approach to environmental compliance.
Working in partnership with our clients, our team of environmental specialists ensures objectives are met, with maximum efficiency for our clients, and minimal impact on the natural world.
Blue Newt is a publication developed by Thomson for those working and interested in the environmental sector.
Our Deep Blue newsletter investigates all things under the sea. Discover how to classify the marine environment, ensuring the community is healthy and managed correctly.