Following an initial request to undertake an ecological watching brief, we were involved on this site for four years. We were called in to advise on a range of different ecology issues.
What we did
- Call-outs at short notice for surveys and watching briefs to allow the works programme to continue without delay
- Advice on reptiles, newts, breeding birds, and bats to allow scrub and tree removal
- Advice on closing a badger sett
- Population monitoring of previously translocated newts and reptiles to satisfy licence requirements
- Fish rescue before ponds could be infilled
- Identification and specification of approach to dealing with Japanese knotweed
- Arranged for archaeological input on several occasions
All works were delivered to tight deadlines and to the client’s satisfaction.