Following an initial request to undertake an ecological watching brief, we were involved on this site for four years. We were called in to advise on a range of different ecology issues.
What we did
- Call-outs at short notice for surveys and watching briefs to allow the works programme to continue without delay
- Advice on reptiles, newts, breeding birds, and bats to allow scrub and tree removal
- Advice on closing a badger sett
- Population monitoring of previously translocated newts and reptiles to satisfy licence requirements
- Fish rescue before ponds could be infilled
- Identification and specification of approach to dealing with Japanese knotweed
- Archaeological input on several occasions
All works were delivered to tight deadlines and to the client’s satisfaction.
Our other projects
We cover all aspects of environmental consultation – from smaller surveys through to strategic projects.
At Thomson, we strive to deliver a pragmatic and innovative approach to environmental compliance.
Working in partnership with our clients, our team of environmental specialists ensures objectives are met, with maximum efficiency for our clients, and minimal impact on the natural world.
Blue Newt is a publication developed by Thomson for those working and interested in the environmental sector.
Our Deep Blue newsletter investigates all things under the sea. Discover how to classify the marine environment, ensuring the community is healthy and managed correctly.