We worked with our client Carillion Utilities, to facilitate the construction of an onshore cable route for the offshore Dudgeon Wind Farm. The project involved a £30m contract to design and build a 47km onshore twin 132kv cable route. This route is the longest in the UK.
What we did
- Walkover surveys and ecological gap analysis for bats, trees and watervoles
- Dedicated mapping services and the use of our bespoke interactive mapping service, TIM, to collate and share ecological project data
- Ecological assistance and advice throughout the project duration
- Clearance of hedgerows down to ground level along the entirety of the cable route, over a five week period
- Water vole mitigation works on ten ditches across the cable route, using the displacement methodology
- Extensive great crested newt trapping and translocation for 19 metapopulations across 55km of great crested newt fencing
- Provision of watching briefs for ditch fluming and field access works over an eight week period.
Working within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, all works were delivered to a tight deadline and to the client’s satisfaction.