To cover periods of staff resourcing issues and deal with a backlog of enquiries, we have periodically provided specialist arboricultural consultancy cover for St Albans District Council.
What we did
- Provided a highly qualified and experienced arboriculturist for extended periods to provide tree-related consultancy services
- Undertook tree hazard assessments and made management recommendations for council-owned trees
- Utilised the Council’s own tree management system, WoodPlan, to record enquiries, incidents, inspections and management recommendations
- Assessed applications for works to trees subject to Tree Preservation Orders, and within a designated Conservation Area, and issued decision letters
- Provided input on planning applications with tree-related issues and worked closely with case officers in the planning department.
We successfully provided the arboricultural consultancy services required by the Council until the resourcing issues were resolved.