To cover periods of staff resourcing issues and deal with a backlog of enquiries, we have periodically provided specialist arboricultural consultancy cover for St Albans District Council.
What we did
- Provided a highly qualified and experienced arboriculturist for extended periods to provide tree-related consultancy services
- Undertook tree hazard assessments and made management recommendations for council-owned trees
- Utilised the Council’s own tree management system, WoodPlan, to record enquiries, incidents, inspections and management recommendations
- Assessed applications for works to trees subject to Tree Preservation Orders, and within a designated Conservation Area, and issued decision letters
- Provided input on planning applications with tree-related issues and worked closely with case officers in the planning department.
We successfully provided the arboricultural consultancy services required by the Council until the resourcing issues were resolved.
Our other projects
We cover all aspects of environmental consultation – from smaller surveys through to strategic projects.
At Thomson, we strive to deliver a pragmatic and innovative approach to environmental compliance.
Working in partnership with our clients, our team of environmental specialists ensures objectives are met, with maximum efficiency for our clients, and minimal impact on the natural world.
Blue Newt is a publication developed by Thomson for those working and interested in the environmental sector.
Our Deep Blue newsletter investigates all things under the sea. Discover how to classify the marine environment, ensuring the community is healthy and managed correctly.